One of the difficulties when using software is in the event that multiple records get created. Let’s say for example one user creates “Cliftons” and enrols some of their people on courses. Next week another operator creates “Cliftons Ltd” as part of a new enrolment.
We now have the annoying (and problematic) situations of two organisations, with two sets of employees, two sets of contact information and two sets of historical records – not ideal!
LearningSource has introduced solution to this problem – our new merge function not only merges the information from each record, such as the phone number and address details, it also merges all associated notes, orders, and contacts from each record.
So, how do you use it? It is really easy, just by following these steps;
- In LearningSource, select Contacts from the main menu.
- Select the Organisations tab.
- In the search on the right, enter the name of the duplicate record.
The results will appear in the list.
- Tick the two items in the list and press Merge. The Merge Records window will appear.
- For each field, LearningSource will use data from either record if content is available. Where both records contain data for the same field, select the record you would like to use.
- Press Merge Records
It really as simple as that. We have even gone one step further however and built a special view on the organisation list to view Duplicate Organisations.
Developments like this are a direct result of customer suggestions – we are always keen to hear more ideas for things we can do to make your life easier inside a training organisation – feel free to comment on this below.
Categorised in: Product News
This post was written by John Mitchell