July 30, 2015 1:16 pm,
As it is Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori, Māori language week, we wanted to support the use of Māori Language on your Arlo platform by the use of macrons. A macron is a line above a vowel to indicate that it should be spoken as a long vowel.
Once the text has been pasted, the macrons will remain showing until the event is saved. Follow the steps below to allow continued use.
1. Select the ‘HTML’ button above description (indicated below)
2. Within the description, change the macron letters to their corresponding HTML (here’s a handy link to find the codes you need. In this example, all ā’s are replaced with ‘ā’)
3. Select ‘Update’ in HTML window and then ‘Save’ on the Event page.
And that’s it! The Māori language is alive in Arlo!
July 7, 2015 10:38 am,
As some of you are already aware, Certifications is a fantastic feature for trade licencing due to it’s auditable approval process. However, it’s functionality for managing training programmes that involve more than courses is often underutilised.
There are a number of useful aspects to this feature, such as:
- Design your workflow – create a set of requirements that can be tracked (eg one or more courses complete, payment received, identification supplied etc);
- Automated communication for the certification – not only will they receive the event communication, you can also set up certification confirmation, approval and expiry reminders;
- If renewal is required, this process can also be managed through Certifications including renewal specific requirements;
- Version control – if requirements change, you can choose to create a new version and decide whether those in progress follow the original version or update them to the latest version;
- Store a full auditable trail, including when and who approved each Certification.
This means you could just as easily create a Certification for a licence (where person is required to attend and pass a course, and potentially sit a retest annually) as you could create a diploma programme where there a number of courses and assessments that need to be completed before the diploma is achieved. Not only that, but reporting to a governing body is a breeze.
So whether it’s for licencing, training programmes, or just to acknowledge that your students have been wanting to be pirates for years and give them informal recognition for it like MIT did, Certifications may be the way to go.
Certification is only available on our Arlo Enterprise plan. If you’d like to discuss adding it to your platform, you can contact our Sales Team on email@example.com or phone 0800 890 888 (NZ) or 1800 633 697 (AU).
July 7, 2015 10:35 am,
At Arlo we know how creating a closely-knit, happy and productive A-team fosters a great work environment that people enjoy and want to succeed.
Our team building on Friday night not only gave us a great laugh, it helped to increase communication amongst our team and also formed some great memories we can share.
Being locked in the Escape Mate vault in the basement of an old building in the CBD in Wellington trying to stop a band of organised criminals from committing their next crime, led us to some adrenaline pumped action whilst we raced against the clock to stop theses criminals for good.
Solving the many clues to work out the final combination for the lock to our freedom and nailing the bad guys proved a seriously complex but fun activity.
Given roles as police, we ended up acting more like combination of James Bond and Sherlock Holmes. Every clue solved was a team victory and while we were stoked to have figured it out (with a couple of extra clues from our hosts), it ended all too quickly!!!
And what sort of team activities does your workplace do? Are there any you’d recommend for others to give a go?